Normally Christie does our Foodie Friday posts, but I wanted to jump in on the fun this week.
As some of you may know, we’re currently in the U.S. for a quick trip. Whenever we prepare for a trip to the “West” (in our minds, that means Europe or North America), we start talking/dreaming about the types of foods we’ll enjoy while there. I don’t want to speak for Christie, so without further ado, here is my own list of foods and restaurants that I’ve been looking forward to, and have already started to enjoy. In no particular order:
- Tap water. I drank water from a drinking fountain on my layover in Germany. It was quite a novel thing!
- In-N-Out. A double-double animal style and a vanilla shake are calling my name. Do you hear it? I think it might be lunch today…
- Mexican. This was my first meal after arriving in the States–a vegetarian super burrito, chips and salsa, and an horchata–from a little taqueria near my airport hotel. Taquerias are one of my favorite types of restaurants in the Bay Area.
- Red Lobster. Cheddar Bay Biscuits, anyone? Need I say more?
- Venison. I don’t care what form it really comes in. My mom makes a really good venison stir fry, which leads me to…
- Mom’s home cooking. I don’t think there’s a culture in the world where mom’s home cooking wouldn’t make a list like this.
- Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Thanks to a Groupon, I was able to get three dozen original glazed for $10. Christie and I have very little self-control when it comes to these, so it could get ugly…
I’m sure there are others, these were just the first that came to mind. For those of you who live overseas, what is on your list?